Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sweet mornings

I am not a morning person. I love getting up at my own pace, which includes laying in my warm cocoon for some minutes while my lingering dreams pack up and leave. I love stretching little by little, aknowledging every single piece of this body of mine. I wait for just a little while before I get up and get my day underway.
When we were living in California I did not get to indulge in my morning ritual to often. Fernando used to leave before we woke up, and by the time we did, I had to race against the clock to get out of the house on time. Since moving to Italy, Fernando goes to the office after Nicolas takes the bus to school. My husband is a morning person, and he has no trouble getting off the bed at the same time that his alarm rings! If I were to attempt something of this nature, you would see me collapsing to the floor in an extreme case of dizziness...
The point is, that every morning my sweet husband wakes up first, then he wakes Nicolas up. While I take my time to get to the shower and start my routine, Fernando cooks breakfast. I just have to sit at the table and enjoy their company and my coffee. It is a fabulous gift that starts my days on a happy note every single day.
This week Fernando is on a business trip and my sweet, sweet Nicolas is waking up on his own, and while I am in the shower, he sets the table, and starts warming up the bread, the milk, he readies the coffee, the butter, the yogurt, the fruit. He would cook me eggs if he didn't dislike them so much.
Now, my morning routine includes a little thanks for such a beautiful boy. Just like his father this little one, just like his dad.

Warning: You may need to re-register with JS-kit(Echo) to leave CommentLuv link: uncheck the CommentLuv box, click 'add another site", type your blog url in "my site", re-check CommentLuv box. Also type over the name Guest!