Thursday, April 2, 2009

La Cucina di Nicola: Sour Cream Cake also known around here as the 27K cake!

It has been a long time my friends... my boy and I still cook together, not as often as before, but we manage to squeeze some time from our busy schedules to make delicious food. No sooner is the food ready than I find myself eating it all in one seating! Really! I have become a cookie anything-eating monster, and so I keep on running! Last tuesday I ran 27 kilometers!!! Getting there baby!

This time around, I managed to control myself and I even have pictures of the cake! I am good, yes I am. I will now stop my blabbering, and give you the recipe, but beware... this cake is good! 27K worth of goodness!

SOUR CREAM CAKE


3/4 cup butter (200 gr)
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sour cream (or 1/2 milk & 1/2 yogurt)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/4 cups flour, sifted

Filling
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Blend first 4 ingredients, then add dry ones. Grease pan.
Pour 1/2 batter into pan. Pour 1/2 of the filling over the batter.
Pour in the rest of the batter and then the remaining filling on top.

Bake 45 minutes in 350 F. oven in the middle. Enjoy!

Thank you to my friend Leila for the recipe.

Warning: You may need to re-register with JS-kit(Echo) to leave CommentLuv link: uncheck the CommentLuv box, click 'add another site", type your blog url in "my site", re-check CommentLuv box. Also type over the name Guest!