Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fearless

Sunday Scribblings
There is a big, ugly monster lurking in the shadows of our minds, its name is fear, and its job is to stop us from trying something new, from breaking the pattern, from tasting the sour along with the sweet.
I learned early in life that living in the moment is all you can do, that I had no control of what happens ahead. I am alive because I was spared. I know what a wonderful gift it is to take chances, to choose the road less traveled, to walk into a dark room, to look down a precipice.
Yet, I sometimes find myself holding my breath, feeling a hole in my stomach, dreading...
Roller-coasters, needles, lightning, roaches, make me feel weak, helpless, little. I cannot help myself, it is a feeling that starts small, almost unnoticeable, and suddenly it has traveled all the way to the top of my head, clouding my judgement, making me afraid.
Fright is primal, it is unavoidable, it is real. It is not easy to get over it, but one must try. I ride roller-coasters and I scream at the top of my lungs all the while. It feels good to face the beast head to head.
It is too beautiful a world to not join in its thrills.

Warning: You may need to re-register with JS-kit(Echo) to leave CommentLuv link: uncheck the CommentLuv box, click 'add another site", type your blog url in "my site", re-check CommentLuv box. Also type over the name Guest!