Wednesday, May 21, 2008

La cucina di Nicola: Donuts.

Last Wednesday while stopping at Judith's place, I was pleasantly surprised by her latest installment of "la buona cucina Americana." This recipe for donuts is so EASY it just screams: MAKE ME!
I have been told that I am a good listener, so I couldn't refuse such loud request. Right there, on the spot, I decided this recipe was going to be this week's recipe at "la cucina di Nicola." (By now, you might have figured out that cucina means kitchen/cooking in Italian.)
I did not change a thing about the recipe, this being our first time making donuts, it was a great success! I will have to watch the oil temperature more carefully next time, as some of our donuts got some "abbronzatura Italiana."
Nicolas invited his good friend over to share in the goodness of one of his favorite American sweets. To celebrate the food and its origins we just had to use some red, white and blue sprinkles. We did not forget about Italy, as we used NUTELLA for our frosting.
We all liked them a lot, so much that they almost disappeared before my photo shoot! I got a couple of good pictures (you can hardly see the bite on that donut on the back, can you?)

AMERICAN DONUTS MADE IN ITALY

Warning: You may need to re-register with JS-kit(Echo) to leave CommentLuv link: uncheck the CommentLuv box, click 'add another site", type your blog url in "my site", re-check CommentLuv box. Also type over the name Guest!