Tuesday, March 10, 2009

#9 Run a half marathon in Italy

Remember the list? I get to cross a big one off the list: running a half marathon in Italy!


Back in January when I wrote my list, a half marathon was a safe item to accomplish as I have been running one a year for the last three years. What I did not know then, was that Heidi, my running partner, had set herself the challenge to run a full marathon this year. So yes, I am trilled that we ran a beautiful race, that the weather was gorgeous, and that I had great company (my husband Fernando ran it too), but this race was only the half-way mark! We are training to run a full marathon in May! What about that? I think I should give me extra-points!


We ran the Lago Maggiore Half, which is a beautiful run if I ever saw one. We started in Stresa, the charming town on the shore of the lake, with a gorgeous view of the borromean islands, and the snow covered mountains in the background. The sun was shining, and the wind took a day off for us. Fernando is a faster runner than we are, so we did not run together, but Heidi and I kept a good pace for 12 kilometers. I had to slow down a little as I was not feeling one hundred percent well, but I finished the race!


It is a wonderful life.

Warning: You may need to re-register with JS-kit(Echo) to leave CommentLuv link: uncheck the CommentLuv box, click 'add another site", type your blog url in "my site", re-check CommentLuv box. Also type over the name Guest!