Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am doing

Trying to find my green thumb, as my sunflowers are dying and my herb garden is looking sad... It is hot here.
Reading "Demasiados Héroes" by Colombian writer Laura Restrepo. I loved her previous novel "Delirio", but her latest is leaving me unsatisfied.
Starting "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte, I am ready to fall for it. So ready!
Listening over and over again to Radiolab. I highly recommend this particular addiction...
Listening to Federico Aubele. Dreamy.
Planning our anniversary trip to Spain, and looking forward to our hotel, and the food we'll eat.
Crossing items of my list. #38 Perfect my mojito recipe. DONE! Did I mention is is hot here? So, as a token of my appreciation to you my faithful readers, here is my very own (tried and tested) mojito:

BEATRIZ' MOJITO:


Fresh mint leaves (about 6 or 7 per glass)
Lime (juice of half a lime per glass)
Simple sugar syrup (1 oz per glass) recipe bellow.
White rum (2 oz per glass)
Crushed ice
Club soda

Muddle the mint leaves together with the lime juice. Be careful not to destroy the leaves, just break them slightly to release their flavor.
Add the simple syrup and rum. Stir.
Add ice up to 2/3 of the glass.
Add the club soda to top it off. Stir again.
ENJOY!

Simple sugar syrup:
1 Cup water
1 Cup sugar

In a small pan, bring water and sugar to a low boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sugar disolves. Cool down and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 2 weeks.

Warning: You may need to re-register with JS-kit(Echo) to leave CommentLuv link: uncheck the CommentLuv box, click 'add another site", type your blog url in "my site", re-check CommentLuv box. Also type over the name Guest!